Managing PF Permissions

Jul 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM

A very useful feature (for me ;-) would be an option to recursivley propogate a specific public folder's permissions down it's entire tree structure.

And a list Permissions (Recursively) to XML would be lovely too. or even an export/import option...

We host our mail at Apptix, which works out quite economically, including our 20GB's of Public Folders. However, neither Outlook nor any other tool I'm aware of will allow you to do the above, making the managing of complex folder structures within an organization a very cumbersome task. Especially considering that Exchange doesn't have inherited permissions, except at the time of creation of a folder, when the new folder gets a copy of its parent's permissions.

Regards, Nick

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I think PFDavAdmin does what you want.

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Ah, yes, that's what I thought too when I found that last week.

However, AFAIK that seems to be only for Exchange Admins, or at least with some direct access to the Global Directory Server, that we don't have, because we're not Exchange admins, or can't access that through the intenet. We are just a customer at Apptix's hosted Exchange solution. I seem to remember that it didn't ask for the rpc server which I found strange and well, then it wouldn't work. Should it work for us? Maybe I misunderstood or overlooked something, I'll have another look at it...

Regards, Nick