MFCMAPI problem/question

Sep 29, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Hi to all.
This is my first post here so I'm glad if I can find someone who can help me. For starters I wrote an application using VC++ 6.0 which is using MAPI for accessing contact in GAL/PAB and displaying some info about them (names, and primary fax numbers).
It's working just fine when connecting GAL but refuses to display fax number for my PAB?! So I went and installed MFCMAPI.exe. I start the program and open PAB (Contasts dialog), than I add an column to upper view using menu: Table->Set Columns than set two new columns: 0x3a24001e PR_BUSINESS_FAX_NUMBER (PT_STRING8) and 0x3a24001f PR_BUSINESS_FAX_NUMBER (PT_UNICODE). I refresh the table and get error: 0x8004010F MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND on all rows in those two columns. Next I select one of contacts, for which I know he has a busines fax value to display all of the properties in the bottom view (property pane), and what do I see? His business fax number properly displayed???
I've posted picture of my sample so you can see what I've ment:
Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my english!

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:02 PM
BTW, you're using the Contact Address Book provider here. All it does is open the underlying contact item and read properties from it. Apparently, it doesn't promote some properties to the table. So all you need to do is open the item and use GetProps to get the properties you need.