Build Error for MFCMAPI Source code

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I downloaded the MFCMAPI source code and loaded it into Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

I got a lot of errors like the following one. How would I be able to fix it?

Warning    1    warning D9040: ignoring option '/analyze'; Code Analysis warnings are not available in this edition of the compiler    C:\Documents and Settings\rms\My Documents\mfcmapi\cl    MFCMapi

Error    3    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual int __thiscall CMyDialog::CheckAutoCenter(void)" (?CheckAutoCenter@CMyDialog@@MAEHXZ)    C:\Documents and Settings\rms\My Documents\mfcmapi\RulesDlg.obj    MFCMapi

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM

For the first, since you don't have a compiler that supports Code Analysis, turn off the setting.

The seocnd error doesn't make sense unless there are earlier errors that would explain it. CheckAutoCenter is implemented in dialog.cpp.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. I downloaded the latest code again and loaded vcxproj file into Visual Studio. It is able to build fine.

I was using vcproj before. That could be the problem. I am new to Microsoft VC++ and IDE. Coming from Java side.

So vcproj is for 2008 and vcxproj is for 2010?

Trying to figure out how to turn Code Analysis off. Why the compiler comes with Visual Studio doesn't support Code Analysis?

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Different versions of Visual Studio have different features. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition, which includes Code Analysis.