MAPI_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY error when using IConvertorSession

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I have an email which contains attachments of mp4 clip and word document. The email is about 130MB in size. I tried to use IConverterSession to convert it to eml and the process ran for about 2 hours with a MAPI_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY error. Any idea how to fix this?

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Try some different variations on the flags you're passing to MAPIToMIMEStm.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Well, tried CCSF_USE_TNEF, CCSF_PLAIN_TEXT_ONLY, CCSF_EMBEDDED_MESSAGE, none works. Is there a flag for attachments?

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I did some more tests. I deleted the mp4 attachment and the IConverterSession works without any problem. Is IConverterSession file type sensitive? I had messages with similar size of attachments and it worked pretty good.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM

The message might just be too large for the API to handle.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I am sorry, but it does not really make sense to me. Shouldn't the API just do a read/write operation on this? And if it is too big, wouldn't it have problem in the first place when user try to add it as attachment?

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM

This API isn't involved in the creation or sending of the MAPI message. And conversion from a binary format (MAPI) to a string format (MIME) is much more than just reading/writing. You're welcome to open a case on it if you want it investigated as a bug.

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Would you kindly provide me a link for submitting bug report? Thank you.

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM

A quick update, I was able to convert the message to EML using SAVE_RFC822. But SAVE_RFC1521 would result MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY error.

BTW, I cannot seem to find a web page to submit a bug. I also tried to call the phone number, but no luck either.