MAPI_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY error when using IConvertorSession

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Hi,

I have an email which contains attachments of mp4 clip and word document. The email is about 130MB in size. I tried to use IConverterSession to convert it to eml and the process ran for about 2 hours with a MAPI_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY error. Any idea how to fix this?

Regards

Bin 

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Try some different variations on the flags you're passing to MAPIToMIMEStm.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Well, tried CCSF_USE_TNEF, CCSF_PLAIN_TEXT_ONLY, CCSF_EMBEDDED_MESSAGE, none works. Is there a flag for attachments?

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I did some more tests. I deleted the mp4 attachment and the IConverterSession works without any problem. Is IConverterSession file type sensitive? I had messages with similar size of attachments and it worked pretty good.

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM

The message might just be too large for the API to handle.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I am sorry, but it does not really make sense to me. Shouldn't the API just do a read/write operation on this? And if it is too big, wouldn't it have problem in the first place when user try to add it as attachment?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM

This API isn't involved in the creation or sending of the MAPI message. And conversion from a binary format (MAPI) to a string format (MIME) is much more than just reading/writing. You're welcome to open a case on it if you want it investigated as a bug.

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Would you kindly provide me a link for submitting bug report? Thank you.

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM

http://support.microsoft.com

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM

A quick update, I was able to convert the message to EML using SAVE_RFC822. But SAVE_RFC1521 would result MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY error.

BTW, I cannot seem to find a web page to submit a bug. I also tried to call the phone number, but no luck either.

Regards