Outlook/Exchange folders can't be opened

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

User can logon to AD, see file shares, printers, can print, can open OWA, process email, send/receive, add calendar entries.

When opening Outlook, gets a message that the folders cant be opened. Unable to open the outlook window, and Outlook closes. This happens no matter which PC she logs in from.

I suspect a MAPI corruption since OWA works just fine.  What do I need to look for with the MAPI editor?

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I would suspect MAPI is locked down on the Exchange server.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Would that be something that would be 'open' or unlocked for everyone else to access email, and then for this account, got locked down somehow?
We did have a server crash, and she has been the only one with an issue since we came back up. About 40 accounts total on the box.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM

You might also try creating a brand new MAPI profile.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Is there a KB for that as well.  I was trying to avoid delete/add her account, since she is the CFO admin, and has special file share permissions on some folders, under his account as well as hers.

Where would I build a new MAPI profile?  The only time I have dealt with MAPI profiles is when I installed the Blackberry Server last year, which went 'as advertised'.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM

You wouldn't do anything with her account - just delete/rename the MAPI profile on the client computer and create a new one with the Mail control panel.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Been there, done that. 

That was the first thing I tried when it wouldn't pop open.  Then went to another computer, logged her in, and since she had not ever used that computer, there was the "office install" for a new account, then setup Outlook with her Account information, then Outlook tried but got the same message.  So, I suspect I setup a new MAPI account on that one as well when I did that.

I have a ticket open with MS, but was trying to dig around and see what might be the problem. They haven't called back yet.

I was thinking perhaps something in her account settings on the server might be causing this, but can't find anything different between her and others.