Double clicking on attachment row gives a new window

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM
Edited Jun 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM
I created a new email using Outlook 2010 and attached one file to it and saved. I opened MFCMAPI and double clicked on PR_MESSAGE_ATTACHMENTS property and there are rows equal to the number of attachments. I have double clicked one of the row. Which window is this? Because if I follow the same procedure on sent items, no such window appears.
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I don't repro. At this point, a screen shot would be appropriate. BTW - you can insert your screenshot directly into your reply where everyone can see it - you don't need to upload it to another repository that requires me to jump through hoops to view.
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM
How to insert image in this reply as you told me?

Attachment is of type MSG.
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Guess I should have tried it first. :) Looks like the image does need to be hosted somewhere. Sorry about that.
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Hehe - Image problem - Microsoft
Jun 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Did you fix this issue?
Jun 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM
You never gave me further details. So no. I did not fix the problem because I still don't know what the problem is.
Jun 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM
I have already written it. Snapshot alone doesn't solve all problems. And I can't give remote session of my office computer. Upload one attachment of type MSG and follow the steps that you have followed before. You will get this issue. And if you didn't knew what the problem was what were you trying to repro in you first comment.
Jun 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM
I tried your steps as best as I could decipher them. I didn't see anything unusual. So either I saw your problem, but because I know what I'm looking at, didn't think it was a problem, or I didn't. Either way, I still don't know what the issue is.

You asked "Which window is this?". You never mentioned a window before asking this, so I have no idea what window you're talking about. That's why I thought a screenshot might help.
Jun 30, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Ok - the attachment there was an embedded message. When you double click on an embedded message, I open the attachment as a message and display a viewer for it. This is not only what I would expect here - it's something I put a lot of time into making happen.
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:45 PM
There's nothing wrong in here?
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:50 PM
You tell me. Is there something I should be seeing as wrong?
Jul 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM
That window doesn't come up when another attachment other than MSG is attached.
Jul 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Right. I didn't code a special viewer for generic attachment objects. You can see the properties in the lower pane.