Problems with opening new sessions in MCFMAPI Feb 2014 release

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM
When in MFCMAPI I set SESSION -> OPEN SESSION It will display the Profile window. But if I try to create a new profile, it does always open my own personal mailbox and does not let me to change the profile configurations. I can set lot of new display names, but they points always to my own account.

How to get "next step", meaning the possibility to change profile configurations when opening the session with MFCMAPI Feb14 release?

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
What steps are you following to create a new profile?
Apr 25, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Open MFCMAPI tool, From main view select SESSION From upper menu, LOG ON.

It will prompt the Outlook profile window, you will set a display name. After OK it should come a new window where you can configurate the profile. But mine just closes and my own mailbox opens.

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2014 at 1:41 PM
When the profile dialog comes up, are you hitting the "New" button? It sounds like you're just picking an existing profile.
Apr 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Open MFCMAPI tool -> Select SESSION from menu -> select LOGON -> From Choose profile select NEW PROFILE button write new displayname and press ok.

After the final step should come a window where to define servers and user names etc. But in my case I can just see a MFCMapi session being opened immediately to my own mailbox.

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I have never seen the profile picker function as you describe. What version of Outlook are you running? Perhaps some screenshots would help illustrate what you're seeing?