Set Default Calndar

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM

A user was migrated from Exchange 2007 to ExO; another user was migrated from Exchange 2010 to ExO. Tenant is running Wave 15.

Both users experience the same:

Calendar A= Default calendar before migration
Calendar B = Default Calendar after migration

After migration both users have 2 calendars (A and B). Calendar A is now a secondary calendar that contains all their migrated calendar items. Calendar B is an empty calendar.

I would like to delete Calendar B and set Calendar A as default in the cloud.

Can this be done?

Thank you
Feb 10, 2014 at 2:33 PM
In MFCMAPI, where do these two calendar folders live? Do they have the same name? Do they have the same parent? Or is one the parent of the other? After migration, if you create a new meeting, which calendar does it end up in?

I would propose you test moving items into that calendar using MFCMAPI and see if they still function OK. Make sure you move and not copy. Once the other calendar is empty, you can try deleting it.
Feb 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Hello sgriffin,

The folders are under the user's account. They have the same name and parent. New meetings are created in Calendar B by default.

Wouldn't moving the items across calendar create that weird condition where the user loses ownership of the item? I read about this in other forums
Feb 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Dunno - that's why I recommend testing it.
Feb 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM
We were able to move the calendar items with no problems. Now we get an error when trying to delete the (now empty) secondary calendar.

The calendar appears to be deleted; once I refresh the MFCMAPI tool, the calendar reappears. It's visible (and usable) in the user's profile

EDIT: Looks like a permissions issue. Looking into it now