Two Size Fields

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Hello,

I was instructed to use this tool by Microsoft to try and help with our duplicate/draft email problems. I've connected with MFCMAPI and have been able to find a couple Fields that indicate differences between the original email and the duplicate draft emails. Problem is there are two "Size" fields and I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxFPa44XHtVNX3N0NTBWbjR4ZXM/edit?usp=sharing

I'm hoping to use these fields to delete all the draft emails from each users inbox through a script of some sort. So the question is what is the difference between these two fields, and is it at all possible to run a script against a users .pst file to delete any email with the value "25" in the field "Size".

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
You're not using a current version of MFCMAPI. That extra "Size" field is a bug: https://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/workitem/15765. That column is really the message flags property. and it looks like you're really interested in one of the flags, MSGFLAG_UNSENT, contained in that property. You might be able to write an OOM script that looks at that property to do your filtering.
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Thank you, I used the the latest version and it is showing the separate fields. I've never done scripting from memory so have no idea about that, do you think VBS or VBA would work? Or does it not have access to search based on the Message Flag field? I was thinking that a recursive lookup of all folders/subfolders under the inbox, then finding any mailItem whose flag equals MSGFLAG_UNSENT will get deleted would do what I need but I am not sure if VB can detect that flag.

Am I completely off and this is impossible? Sorry for my ignorance and thank you very much for your help.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Take a look at the Sent field in the OOM. It should be set to False on drafts. You should be able to write the script you want in a few lines of VBA.