Open Contents Table error 0x80070005

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Porting this discussion from http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/workitem/16096
Open Contents Table error after RU6 Exchange 2010 SP2 applied.
Code: MAPI_E_NO_ACCESS == 0x80070005

comments
afischer wrote Today at 8:16 AM
It seems that we have a similar problem:
After applying RU6 for Exchange 2010 SP2, the logged on user cannot open his own inbox via MFCMAPI (version from January 2013).

Login works, the default message store can be opened, but when trying to open the inbox, the user gets a message box like attached.
This was tested with an old MAPI profile (that worked before the RU6 upgrade), and with a profile created via MFCMAPI after upgrading.

The behaviour looks like some Extended MAPI incompatibility, - I had similar problems with another application as well.
Has the issue really been tracked down to a defined permissions problem??
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM
So - this is clearly not a problem with MFCMAPI, but I'm curious if it's the same issue as one we're investigating here. If you do the following, does the error go away?
  1. Table/Set Columns
  2. OK
  3. Locate PR_DISPLAY_TO in the tag array (likely #10) and select it.
  4. Hit Delete
  5. OK
Note - nothing's really being deleted in these actions. We're just asking MFCMAPI not to request PR_DISPLAY_TO when requesting properties. If you're seeing the same problem we're investigating, the table will now render.
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM
After doing your instructions it works fine, thanks
Mar 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Yes, this works also for me.
Many thanks for the quick response!!!

And, thanks God, I can also use this workaround in my own application.
(as it does request PR_DISPLAY_TO and PR_DISPLAY_CC, but does not really use the values).
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Good to hear you can use this to avoid the issue. We're still investigating the root cause to see if this is something that can be fixed.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM
BTW - this was a bug in Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 and SP3. The fix is here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2833888