Change PR_ATTR_HIDDEN from the command-line

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Edited Mar 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I need to be able to script the changing of the PR_ATTR_HIDDEN property on Exchange 2010 mailbox Calendars after they have been migrated as part of a migration script.

The Inbox remains working, but we split the calendar off into another similarly named Room mailbox

Original Inbox : MailboxName

New Mailbox : MailboxName Calendar

The new mailbox is added in Outlook as a Shared Calendar, but since it has a similar name this has caused confusion in the past.

To prevent this the Original calendar needs to be hidden -  I now know how to hide this using MFCMAPI, but in the long-term I would like to incorporate this into the migration script. Is there a way to do this from the command-line using MrMAPI?

If it is not possible, may I suggest that changing non-destructive properties such as PR_ATTR_HIDDEN from the command-line through MrMAPI would be a VERY welcome feature in the next release! :)

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I hope it is not rude, but I feel the need to bump this topic.

The change-attribute facility is not available as a command-line option in MrMAPIas far as I have been able to discern

Is this likely to change in the next release of MrMAPI?

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM

So far, I haven't written any write capabilities in to MrMAPI. I have no immediate plans to do so.