Openotherusers's mailbox returns MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Hi,

I'm using MFCMAPI tool to log on other user's mailbox and create some folders. But it shows  MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER == 0x8004011D error.

Can anyone help me?

The machine is windows server 2003 64 bit with outlook installed. No exchange installed. Does it require exchange server to be installed in same machine?

Thanks

Inmar.

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2011 at 1:14 PM

What steps did you take to get to the error?

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

The issue got resolved once the user(profile) is configured with administrative privileges

Thanks

Inmar

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Inmar, could you (or someone) please explain in more detail what needed to be done?

Thanks,
Rennie

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Rennie, MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER is a generic error that comes up for a wide variety of reasons. You'll need to give your specific scenario in which you're getting the error for people to be able to help you.

Steve

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for your amazing MFCMAPI program.

You probably don't remember me, but you helped me make my calendar-fetching program much more efficient two years ago - almost exactly two years ago.

The problem I had a couple days ago was related to a customer switching from running their own Exchange server to going over to Office 365. If you have a moment, could you please confirm or deny that establishing a MAPI connection to Office 365 requires that Outlook has saved a mailbox password as part of the mail profile?

Thanks.

I also have a suggestion for MFCMAPI. After dabbling with MAPI now and then for over five years or so, I just recently became aware of the GetLastError() function! Knowing about that would have saved me some time in some previous trouble-shooting situations. So my suggestion is that in MFCMAPI that you follow up on all error codes by also calling GetLastError() and displaying that information if it looks interesting.

Thanks again,

Rennie

Sent: 17. august 2012 15:43
To: Rennie Petersen
Subject: Re: Openotherusers's mailbox returns MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER [MFCMAPI:271884]

Rennie, MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER is a generic error that comes up for a wide variety of reasons. You'll need to give your specific scenario in which you're getting the error for people to be able to help you.

Steve