Some MAPI linking questions

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Hi Stephen,

We are using the new header files in MFCAPI/75329 for a MAPI application and I am new to MAPI. We are moving up from Exchange 5.5.

You had said that the 64 bit version of MAPI32.lib was not good to link with and explicit linking should be done in the following entry in 2009:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stephen_griffin/archive/2009/07/21/mapi32-lib-and-64-bit-mapi-programs.aspx

I currently get my MAPI32.lib from the Microsoft SDKs\windows\v7.0A\lib\ directory (Visual Studio 2010) and wanted to know if it was ok to link with it (non explicitly).

Also I'm getting a missing symbol _PS_PUBLIC_STRINGS and am not sure what library to link with to ammend the problem. I can see this is in the edkguid.lib from our old exchange 5.5 directory.

Thank you,

Ken

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2011 at 9:25 PM
No, the 64 bit version of mapi32.lib is no good and should not be part of your project.

Look at how mfcmapi does PS_PUBLIC_STRINGS.

On Apr 18, 2011, at 3:23 PM, "krubin" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

We are using the new header files in MFCAPI/75329 for a MAPI application and I am new to MAPI. We are moving up from Exchange 5.5.

You had said that the 64 bit version of MAPI32.lib was not good to link with and explicit linking should be done in the following entry in 2009:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stephen_griffin/archive/2009/07/21/mapi32-lib-and-64-bit-mapi-programs.aspx

I currently get my MAPI32.lib from the Microsoft SDKs\windows\v7.0A\lib\ directory (Visual Studio 2010) and wanted to know if it was ok to link with it (non explicitly).

Also I'm getting a missing symbol _PS_PUBLIC_STRINGS and am not sure what library to link with to ammend the problem. I can see this is in the edkguid.lib from our old exchange 5.5 directory.

Thank you,

Ken

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Thank you!

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:25:48 -0700
Subject: Re: Some MAPI linking questions [MFCMAPI:254391]

No, the 64 bit version of mapi32.lib is no good and should not be part of your project.

Look at how mfcmapi does PS_PUBLIC_STRINGS.

On Apr 18, 2011, at 3:23 PM, "krubin" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Stephen,
You had said that the 64 bit version of MAPI32.lib was not good to link with and explicit linking should be done in the following entry in 2009:

Thank you,
Ken
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MFCMAPI@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email MFCMAPI@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com