OpenDefaultMessageStore() error with Outlook 2010

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I have Outlook 2010 x32 on Windows 7 x32. There is a local POP3/SMTP account in Outlook.
There is MAPI Client and CDO 1.2.1 installed.
Running the latest version MfcMapi 6.0.0.1024.

I do:

MAPIInitilize(NULL), then click Logon Only and select profile: Outlook.

When I cilck Open Default Message Store I get the error below:

Code: MAPI_E_INVALID_ENTRYID == 0x80040107
Function OpenDefaultMessageStore(lpMAPISession, &lpMDB)
File MainDlg.cpp
Line 366

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Are you saying you have the MAPICDO download installed on the same machine as Outlook? That's not a supportable scenario. Please clarify.

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I tried to run MFCMAPI without MAPICDO installed, but I get the error when trying to call MAPIInitialize(NULL):

"There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or,...".

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail (Default) points to "Microsoft Outlook Virtual". It looks like Outlook 2010 doesn't have extended MAPI support itself on my machine.

That's why I installed MAPICDO on the same machine.

I have a trial and not activated Outlook. Possibly I just need to install full version of MS Office?

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Outlook is running virtual - that's why MFCMAPI won't work. MFCMAPI isn't running in the same virtual sandbox as Outlook so it can't access MAPI. This is a scenario I have on my list to investigate. I know it doesn't work and I think it can be made to work, but I don't know yet how to make it work. Installing MAPICDO is not the solution though.

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking for the solution also