Win7 x64 Home Outlook 2010 x64 Pro -err 0x00040680

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:39 AM
Hi there, I am receiving an error while trying to delete some sending receipts from my local pst file. Actual error states: Warning: Code: MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION == 0x00040680 Function ((LPMAPIFOLDER) m_lpContainer)->DeleteMessages( lpEIDs, lpProgress ? (ULONG_PTR)m_hWnd : NULL, lpProgress, ulFlag) File .\FolderDlg.cpp Line 687 Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM

This usually means an error was encountered while deleting one or more of the messages. If you want to resolve this, you’ll need to figure out which message caused the error, then figure out what’s special about that message.

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hi SGriffin,

Sorry if this question is supposed to be found on other forums, but I really stucked at this point and need a help.
Really appreciate your kind assistance.

I'm facing a problem that deleting a folder through Outlook / OWA didn't work (Emptying the "Deleted Items" Folder). I browsed some pages and found out a reference site about deleting it with MAPI.
Found the same problem here, but no updates on the issue:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/hu/exchange2010/thread/71f71e5f-b08b-45cd-8921-2332093ac318

The following error message appeared:
Error:
Code: MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_FLAGS == 0x80040106
Function lpParentFolder->DeleteFolder( lpItemEID->cb, (LPENTRYID) lpItemEID->lpb, lpProgress ? (ULONG_PTR)m_hWnd : NULL, lpProgress, ulFlags)
File MsgStoreDlg.cpp
Line 969

The initial error came when I was unable to sync my local data with the server data, deleted Outlook "Deleted Items", checked in the server and still there. Tried to deleted via OWA - Manage Folders - Delete Folder - Choose folder to delete - Deleted Items (My_folder) and I hit Delete. Confirmation message showed up - OK. Waiting for response from server but then the server returned message error as below:
An error occurred and your request couldn't be completed. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk with this HTTP Status code: 500.

Request
Url: https://hknprd0402.outlook.com:443/owa/?ae=PreFormAction&t=FolderManagement&a=Delete&m=0&fid=LgAAAAAiY4q3ex5IRLZKNl%2f6GR1JAQD842knlB6TRJfl5fFJZlHPAAKNUnfyAAAB&hd=1
User host address: 10.9.122.7
User: Selvia
EX Address: /o=ExchangeLabs/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=f547a12b5a1c4a8b92cfd73388bc8fdb-selvia@designstream.biz
SMTP Address: selvia@designstream.biz
OWA version: 14.15.57.1
Mailbox server: HKNPRD0402MB116.apcprd04.prod.outlook.com

Exception
Exception type: System.Web.HttpException
Exception message: Request timed out.

Call stack
No callstack available

Could you please enlighten me?

Many thanks,

Selvia

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Are you trying to empty the Deleted Items folder or delete it? Those are two different actions, like the difference between cleaning your house and demolishing it. The Deleted Items folder is one of the very few that is protected at the server level from deletion. If your intent was to empty it, then use right click, Advanced, Empty.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Hi SGriffin,

Thanks for your reply.

What I'm trying to do is emptying the "Deleted Items" folder in my server mailbox, my local is empty, eventhough the emptied folder is still there.

I tried the following actions:

1. In the "Deleted Items" section in OWA, clicked the icon: "Empty Deleted Items Folder", nothing happened.

Select all or select one email in the same page, delete manually, still - nothing happened.

2. Through MFCMAPI, choose the folder to be permanently deleted in "Deleted Items" folder, right click - Advanced - Empty items and subfolders from folder... (Hard Deletion)

It returned:

Error:
Code: MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_FLAGS == 0x80040106
Function lpMAPIFolderToEmpty->EmptyFolder( lpProgress ? (ULONG_PTR)m_hWnd : NULL, lpProgress, ulFlags)
File MsgStoreDlg.cpp
Line 900

I'm still clueless. Please kindly help.

Thanks,

Selvi

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Try not checking the Hard Deletion flag.

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I had this issue with a similar user. We could not delete her flagged items because of the same error you got with the exception of line 950.
It turned out that she was on another list in which she was retaining all emails. Once we removed her from that list (temporarily) we were able to then delete the folder containing her flagged items (tasks). After doing so we had the user restart Outlook and it successfully repopulated the tasks with not only her old tasks but the ones she was flagging while we were trying to figure out the issue.
Hope this helps!
May 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I'm experiencing this same issue, but trying to delete the to-do-search folder.(Hard Delete). What exactly do you mean that the user was on another list?