Can't Restore deleted PF

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Greetings to all!

I will describe in brief a situation. At domain migration has transferred the public folders through a .pst file to the new domain . Accordingly, at the list of access of folders there are users of the new domain and old ones. Then a part of folders have casually removed.

I use MFCMAPI with exchange administrator account. I logon using my Outlook profile. Open Public Folder Store with "0x9" flags (USE_ADMIN_PRIVILEGE). Then open deleted sub folder table.

I try to restore folders - but I receive an error "OnRestoreDeletedFolder did not complete because CopyFolder failed." Also recommendations are listed. I have executed all recommendations. But, there is one of recommendations - to display ACL table, look for DNs that don't resolve and temporarily recreating objects that match the DNs exactly. But I can't create these users, as they are from the old domain. When I am deleting user from ACL table, I receive error MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND == 0x8004010F

Question: how to remove users of the old domain from ACL Table and propagate new rights to subfolders?

Do you have any other ideas for restoring deleted public folders in my case?

Thank you in advance.

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM
I am also experiencing this issue. Did you find a solution?
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

You are correct that the problem is ACL related, but unfortunately, everything in the deleted folder tree is read only. You can't change the ACLs. I think the only recommended solution at this point is to restore from backup.